Graduate Assistant Wrestling
University of Mary
Graduate Assistant for Wrestling
The University of Mary Athletic Department is seeking applicants for a Graduate Assistant Wrestling Coach for the men’s wrestling program. The primary role for this position is to aid in the recruitment and development of student-athletes. The secondary role of this position is to help ensure the wrestling program is organized, operated efficiently, and properly marketed.
This position must promote an atmosphere of compliance where all policies and procedures of the department and university, as well as rules and regulations of the NSIC, NCAA and other authorities that may legitimately influence the intercollegiate athletics program, are adhered to and enforced. A key responsibility is the enthusiastic and personal investment in the University’s https://goumary.com/documents/2019/8/19/Athletic_Strategic_plan.pdf whole-person development model.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Graduate Assistant benefits include:
• Graduate Tuition waiver
• Partial meal plan
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Meets eligibility requirements for admission into a Graduate Studies program at the University of Mary
• Former collegiate wrestler or former coach
• Physically able to wrestle and train with current student-athletes
• Possess the knowledge of wrestling positions/situations and able to verbally communicate with the student-athletes
• Proficient in time management skills
• Strong communication skills (oral, written, marketing)
• First Aid and CPR certified (UMary will offer this certification course onsite)
• Possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to earn a Class C Commercial Driver’s License
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Proficient skills in social media use (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• Experience with photo and video editing is preferred
• Successful candidate will possess a good work ethic, attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and can manage sensitive and confidential student information
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
• Demonstrate wrestling technique and skills
• Wrestle and train current student-athletes
• Evaluate wrestling film
• Oversee wrestling room and locker room facilities (maintenance & upkeep)
• Organize travel arrangements (hotels, busses, food, etc.)
• Operate UMary Wrestling’s social media accounts
• Coordinate and organize the production of graphic and highlight videos
• Oversee and update Wrestling Website (roster bios, schedule, press releases)
• Oversee dual and tournament day operations
• Oversee team’s academic progress (class/grade checks, supervise study tables)
• Oversee team and fan apparel orders
• Schedule campus visits for recruits
• Aid in organizing community engagement activities
• Aid in scheduling and operation UMary Wrestling Camps
• Manage NCAA Compliance for the wrestling program (CARA logs, recruiting forms, etc.)
• Be willing to drive and transport student-athletes to and from competitions
• Other duties as assigned by the head coach
University of Mary Marauders Athletics
The University of Mary is a member of NCAA Division II and the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference and offers nine varsity sports for women and eight for men. UMary became an active member of the NCAA in 2007. The process took only three years after the NCAA waived the final two provisional years, making the University of Mary’s transition to active membership one of the quickest in the organization’s history. The Marauders began competing in the NSIC in the fall of 2006.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3954865
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.