History & Catholic Studies Faculty
University of Mary
History & Catholic Studies Faculty
The University of Mary invites applications for a joint faculty position in History and Catholic Studies to begin in the fall semester 2024. Preferred rank is at the Assistant or Associate Professor level with a preference for candidates with a background in medieval history. Applicants should excel in teaching, demonstrate a commitment to supporting student formation outside of the classroom, and have an active research agenda. The teaching load is 4/4.
This joint-appointment position entails commitment to both the History program and the program of Catholic Studies, a vibrant and apostolic program seeking the education of the whole of a student’s life through community engagement, individual mentoring, and a dedication to initiating students into the Catholic intellectual tradition. Key aspects of Catholic Studies at Mary are outlined here, for applicants to consider carefully: http://www.umary.edu/KeyAspects.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and rank. The successful candidate is expected to understand, support, and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php).
• Doctorate in History (ABD candidates will be considered)
• Excellence in teaching
• Ability to teach in the area of Medieval History
• An active research agenda
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Arts and Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are asked to provide:
• Cover letter that addresses your interest in this position, and commitment to supporting the mission of the University of Mary
• Teaching evaluations if available
• Curriculum Vitae
• Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (unofficial copies are acceptable)
• Three references
• Writing sample
Confidential letters of recommendation, transcripts, and anything larger than 5MB can be sent to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4910910
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.