Human Resource Generalist
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for an HR Generalist. Under the guidance of the Director of Human Resources, the HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas; recruitment/employment onboarding, benefits administration, employee relations, training, and employment law compliance. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to serving the university needs with the objective of supporting administration and employee goodwill.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Recruitment: Facilitates the recruitment efforts of the university, conducts new employee onboarding and performs background checks
- Employee Relations: Gives guidance on policy, conducts exit interviews and handles employment verification requests
- Benefits Administration: Monitors employee eligibility for benefit plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation, or changes. Organizes and manages open enrollment communications and election processes. Verifies billing accuracy.
- Manages human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment benefits laws and regulations. Ensures compliance with the Form I-9
- Assist the Director of HR in the daily administration of HR services as assigned. Serves on various committees on behalf of HR.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- Preferred: HR certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) strongly preferred
- Two or more years of HR experience with demonstrated skills in recruitment, benefits administration, and/or general HR work; strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Preferred: Five or more years HR generalist experience; HR certification credential (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP); proficiency with HR management systems or similar technology
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Human Resources and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and policies related to human resources
- Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of employees through excellent listening and communication skills that engender trust and support
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data information
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrated experience/maturity to handle confidential and sensitive information
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer