The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND currently has an opening for a lead custodian. The lead custodian assures that day-to-day operations and events are carried out in a timely, efficient, and effective manner. S/He directs resources to assigned areas to ensure that they are maintained at the highest possible standards.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Maintaining the cleanliness of assigned building and the surrounding grounds
· Performs general routine custodial duties to include dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and cleaning, sanitizes and supplies restroom facilities
· Adheres to established procedures to provide a safe working environment
· Performs leadership activities for the assigned custodial team including custodial inspections, performance reviews, and training. Serves as the department liaison to building occupants.
· Operate commercial vacuums, carpet shampooers and floor scrubbers with training
· Perform and document routine inspections on safety equipment, emergency lighting
· Reports maintenance concerns via work order requests
· Ordering/Restocking custodial supplies
· Performs other related duties as requested and assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· High School diploma or GED with a minimum of 5 years of related experience
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Physical Plant and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Working knowledge of custodial chemicals, methods, and equipment
· Knowledge of safety equipment usage (AED, fire extinguishers, etc.), proper cleaning methods, and safety measures essential to the work environment
· Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license
· Ability to communicate clear, concise written and verbal messages
· Ability to present a professional image
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer