The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is inviting applications for the position of Maintenance Technician. This position ensures that day-to-day operations and events are carried out in a timely, efficient, and effective manner. He/she works in assigned areas to ensure that they are maintained to the highest possible standards.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Performs general maintenance duties, using hand and power tools as needed
- Performs grounds activities, mowing lawns, edging, cleaning up trash, removing snow, pruning trees and shrubs, fertilizing, seeding, etc.
- Completes work orders for the campus community, and accurately reports labor, cost and resolution of the request
- Assists with mail room, deliveries, events, and custodial activities and operations
- Performs other related duties as requested and assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous general maintenance and/or grounds experience preferred
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Physical Plant and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to communicate clear, concise verbal and written messages
- Ability to present a professional image
- Knowledge of safety equipment usage (e.g. AED, fire extinguishers, etc.), proper cleaning methods, and safety measures essential to the work environment
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes related to the use of cleaning agents, environmental/hazardous waste, waste management, and recycling policies and regulations
- Ability to work outdoors in temperature extremes, work with high noise levels, work at heights, operate vehicles and equipment, and lift and move >50 lbs.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
To apply from our University of Mary career page, scroll to the top to complete the required fields. Attach your resume and click submit application. Additional attachments or anything larger than 5MB may be sent to email@example.com.
To apply from outside the University’s website, click this link https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/hoIY3g2m1S/Maintenance-Technician or copy and paste it into your browser.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer