Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) Program Director
University of Mary
Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) Program Director
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND invites applications for the position of MSW Program Director in the Department of Behavioral Sciences in the Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences. This is an onsite faculty position but based on the qualifications of the candidate a remote faculty position will be considered.
The MSW Program Director position is a full-time faculty rank 11-month position that includes administrative, teaching and advising responsibilities in the new MSW Graduate Program. This position is directly responsible to the Chair, Undergraduate and Graduate Social Work Programs, Dean and Associate Dean in the Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences.
The successful candidate will serve as the founding program director for our developing MSW Program and will work collaboratively with the Chair of Undergraduate and Graduate Social Work Department to submit candidacy documents to the Council of Social Work Education (CSWE). Responsibilities include leading the development and implementation of an MSW curriculum, teaching in the program, and providing service to the Social Work Department, the Liffrig School of Education and Behavioral Sciences, the University of Mary.
The successful candidate will oversee and administer all aspects of the program, including classroom teaching; curriculum development, oversight, and implementation, hiring of fulltime and adjunct faculty; assistance with recruitment of MSW students. Director will work closely with the Director of Field on all issues related to MSW field placements and with the Office of Student and Academic Services. Director will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the program meet accreditation standards and for completing reports as required. Director will mentor students in outreach and professional assessment and development. Director will participate in university and community-level service.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see https://www.umary.edu/about/mission-identity).
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
• The successful candidate will have a Ph. D or doctoral degree in social work or related field; Master of Social Work degree from a CSWE-accredited program; experience teaching in an MSW program and familiarity with MSW curriculum and minimum two years post MSW practice experience; at least two years of administrative experience in higher education; and a demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence, active scholarship, and service. Experience overseeing the MSW accreditation process. Hold an active social work license in the state of North Dakota or be licensable as a social worker in the State of North Dakota.
• Demonstrated ability to integrate micro, mezzo, and macro perspectives and generalist practice. Demonstrated use of theories that inform the applicant’s research and/or teaching. Experience hiring and mentoring fulltime and adjunct faculty. Commitment to and/or experience in promoting and fostering a learning environment supportive of individuals from diverse backgrounds. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with academic committees. Commitment to working collaboratively with departments within the Liffrig School of Education and Behavioral Sciences and across the University on multidisciplinary or inter-professional initiatives. Experience with, or capacity for, online and hybrid teaching.
• Uphold and supports the Christian Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are asked to provide; (1) Curriculum Vitae, (2) Cover Letter, (3) Teaching Portfolio, (4) Teaching Evaluations, (5) Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (6) Three letters of recommendation. Please upload the requested materials and click “submit application”. Confidential letters of recommendation, transcripts, and anything larger than 5MB can be sent to mailto:email@example.com.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4066659
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.