Residence Director Apartments
University of Mary
Residence Director | Apartments
The Residence Director (RD) provides effective leadership for a high-quality Residence Life Program for student residents. The current opening is for an RD to lead the student residential community located in the campus apartments.
Living among the students they serve, the RD lives a life of presence, encountering residents, building meaningful relationships with them, and helping them become engaged members of the residential community. Because of the intentional encounters the RD will have, the RD serves as a key member of the University’s student retention plan.
The RD is responsible for establishing and maintaining a residential culture based on the University’s Benedictine values, that help students see themselves as formed for distinction, leading through service, and integrated by relationships. The RD creates opportunities for teaching and forming students outside of the classroom, and will develop, coordinate, and evaluate programming designed to meet the developmental and formative needs of the residents being served.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Provides the leadership to maintain a high-quality Residence Life program to support a residential student culture based on the University’s Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission, identity, and values that welcomes and includes all the residents.
• Serves as an effective role-model who is present, visible, and available to residents interacting with them to accomplish residence hall learning goals.
• Identifies, plans, coordinates, and assesses residential programming to meet the developmental and formative needs of students
• Hires, trains, supervises, and mentors a team of resident assistants to develop as student leaders, serve the residents, and achieve their annual performance goals.
• Oversees Chesterton’s at the Cloisters; the community center and “campus pub”, and executes programming that furthers the formation of apartment residents and other Chesterton’s members
• Ensures that the University’s standards for the care of the physical environment of the residence hall are maintained
• Supports the University’s student retention goals
• Educates residents and provides for the effective enforcement of the University’s community standards by documenting and addressing all violations. Maintains professional standards for privacy and confidentiality of student records and student information
• Documents and reports all safety and security incidents and concerns
• Provides on-call coverage to respond to crisis situations and emergencies
• Ensures that all administrative processes are completed
• Serves on university committees and task forces as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• Master’s degree is preferred
• Prior experience leading students and the ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the developmental and formative needs of university students is required.
• Prior experience as a Residence Life professional is preferred.
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Student Development and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• The ability to serve as an effective leader, role model, and mentor
• The ability to communicate effectively, prepare professional reports and documentation, maintain appropriate budget records, and create professional presentations
• The ability to set and achieve goals.
• A working understanding of assessment and evaluation
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage and relate effectively with students from diverse backgrounds
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3920577
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.