Social Work Field Director
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND invites applications for a Social Work Field Director. This is an 8-month full-time faculty rank position that includes teaching, advising, and administrative responsibilities in the Social Work program. This position is directly responsible to the Chair of the Department of Behavioral Sciences in the Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see https://www.umary.edu/about/mission-identity).
The position involves teaching, directing the field program for social work internships, placing and supervising students in internship, advising social work majors, service to the college and community, and engaging in scholarly activities that promote professional growth and development. Candidates should have ability to teach social work courses across the generalist social work curriculum and participate in program development. Specific skills critical to success include excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team-oriented collaborative approach, ability to work with traditional and non-traditional students and students from diverse backgrounds, and knowledge of innovative, best practices in pedagogy.
The Field Director assumes a leadership role in providing a student-centered placement process and establishes partnerships between the program and community agencies for the purpose of securing quality placements for all students in the social work program. Additional responsibilities include student field advising, placement data tracking and management, agency and supervisor development, event and training coordination and facilitation, and record keeping.
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
· Minimum qualifications include a master’s degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited university and the ability to become a licensed Social Worker in the State of North Dakota (required by the State of North Dakota).
· A Doctor of Social Work (DSW) or doctorate in related field is preferred
· Evidence of successful social work experience is required
· Research or scholarly activity in social work, knowledge of the Council on Social Work Education’s (CSWE) standards and higher education accreditation process is preferred
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Click here to apply. Qualified candidates are asked to provide; (1) Curriculum Vitae, (2) Cover Letter, (3) Teaching Portfolio, (4) Teaching Evaluations, (5) Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (6) Three letters of recommendation. Please upload the requested materials and click “submit application”. Confidential letters of recommendation, transcripts, and anything larger than 5MB can be sent to email@example.com.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer