Student Success Advisor
University of Mary
Student Success Advisor
The Student Success Advisor advises students by connecting them with appropriate paths of study in order to achieve their educational goals. This position reports to the Director of Graduate and Distance Retention and is located in the Butler Center in Bismarck, ND.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Advises current students and applicants for admission and enrollment within an assigned territory. Ensures each student receives personal verbal and written communication, which may include extensive telephone, in-person, and email contact. Records a summary of each contact in the appropriate software system. Meets assigned goals for retention and graduation within assigned territory.
• Analyze requirements of the students and present program concerns to the appropriate departments.
• Assist students with enrollment concerns or issues, serving as liaison to departments across campus, including registrar, financial aid, student accounts, academic faculty, and information technology
• Assist faculty with ongoing student advising. Assists in development of and revision of degree plans.
• Meets with prospective and current students at campus locations (when appropriate) and via distance through technology
• Assists with the registration process, add/drop forms, and other documents as needed
• Assist with development and execution of robust orientation sessions for both individuals and groups
• Attend and actively participate in advising staff meetings, training programs, and planning retreats
• Participate in meetings with academic administration within schools to discuss feedback from students and to discuss potential changes and opportunities for improvement
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• Four years of experience in higher education, curriculum development, or workplace training is preferred
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Enrollment Management and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Experience with establishing and maintaining client/prospect relationships throughout a community
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Able to work independently or with a team of colleagues
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Ability to work independently with flexible schedules and limited travel throughout North Dakota. Some evening/weekend hours may be required.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4066670
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.