Weekend Facilities Supervisor
University of Mary
Weekend Facilities Supervisor
The Weekend Facilities Supervisor is responsible for ensuring a high quality of care and continuous improvement of all weekend Physical Plant activities. Primary responsibilities include performing and supervising all weekend activities related to custodial, grounds, and events services. Ancillary duties include responding to emergency maintenance needs and other activities necessary for continued plant operations. This is a full-time, 12 month benefited position including health, retirement, and a tuition benefit plan. The regular work schedule is four days per week, Friday-Monday.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Develop, implement, and maintain a weekend custodial program including, onboarding and training to continuously improve custodial performance, as well as daily supervision of custodial staff
• Respond to maintenance emergencies and perform troubleshooting and repairs as needed on building systems, including plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems
• Perform custodial and maintenance project activities to support campus moves, events, and projects
• Perform snow removal activities including both equipment operation and shoveling
• Implement work campus program and incorporate student workers into the weekend program
• Other duties as assigned, including 24 hour support of weekend emergency maintenance, Campus Safety and Security, University Dining Services, etc.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Required: 2+ years leadership experience related to custodial, plant operations, or similar nature
• Preferred: 5+ years direct supervisory experience related to custodial, plant operations, or similar nature
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Physical Plant and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Maintain a valid drivers license
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications
• Ability to supervise and lead staff including scheduling, training, mentoring, performance observations, etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge of commercial cleaning techniques
• Previous experience in equipment operation
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4525688
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.