Workforce Development Project Manager
The Office of Enrollment Management at the University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for a Workforce Development Project Manager.
This position is responsible for managing projects for non-degree programs that meet today’s workforce needs; managing the university’s academic business partnership process, and planning a prominent role in coordinating, promoting, and executing the university’s Rising Leadership North Dakota camp. The project manager ensures alignment of workforce projects and programs with the strategy and goals of the university and that all endeavors are accomplished on time, on budget, and in pursuit of the desired outcomes.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Assumes a lead role, while collaborating with others, in planning, coordinating, promoting, and executing the university’s Rising Leadership North Dakota camp
- Partners with other university stakeholders to engage the business community for the purpose of generating new opportunities for workforce development projects and to identify and engage potential students
- Coordinates with other workforce development staff members and other stakeholders, internal and external to the university, to develop, plan, and implement projects and programs
- Helps define project scope, goals, tasks, and deliverables as well as assembling required resources to successfully complete projects
- Assumes the lead for project quality control and evaluating project success upon completion, including the diagnosis of opportunities for future improvement
- Assists in scheduling logistics and communication schedules to ensure that project stakeholders remain informed of the project status and contribute feedback at appropriate intervals
- Manages budgets, ensuring that the university exercises exceptional stewardship of resources
- Creates and monitors project schedules and timelines while guiding projects to success
- Prepares periodic updates, progress reports, and other communications at scheduled intervals and upon request
- Supports the university’s continuing education programming
- Some travel within North Dakota will be required
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in business, project management, instructional design, instructional technology, or related field
- Required: A minimum of 5-8 years of experience with project or program management
- Preferred: At least 3 years of experience in business development, external communications, or a similar field
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Enrollment Management and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Proficiency in technology, including but not limited to software for managing projects and/or client relationships
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects while producing high quality work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a team member as well as independently to ensure strategic goals are accomplished
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, solve problems, and make decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a culture of continuous improvement and attention to the results
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer