Dining Hospitality Supervisor
University of Mary
Dining Hospitality Supervisor
The Dining Hospitality Supervisor is responsible for building and providing leadership for a hospitable, mission-driven, and service-oriented collegiate dining experience in the Crow’s Nest Campus Restaurant.
This position is responsible largely for the “front-of-house” experience in the Crow’s Nest, supervising all hospitality staff in close collaboration with the Coordinator of Mission and Hospitality for Dining Services. The Dining Hospitality Supervisor also must have a strong working relationship with all back-of-house managers in order to maintain hospitality standards and collectively solve problems that may arise affecting the overall experience of the Crow’s Nest. The Dining Hospitality Supervisor reinforces and upholds the University’s vision and dining standards amongst the hospitality staff and all back-of-house personnel.
This position requires substantial evening and weekend hours and a willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Leads the hospitality team to implement and maintain the University’s standards in customer service, hospitality, cleanliness, and organization in the Crow’s Nest. Takes ownership of customer issues and follows problems through to resolution.
• Collaborates with Coordinator for Mission and Hospitality for Dining Services, Director of Dining Services, and University leadership to prepare and maintain exceptionally high standards in customer service, hospitality, cleanliness, and organization in the Crow’s Nest.
• Identifies problems, finds solutions, and carefully communicates those details to the Coordinator of Mission and Hospitality for Dining Services and any necessary constituents, including back-of-house managers and the Director of Dining Services.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of related work experience is preferred
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Physical Plant and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Must have the capability of upholding the highest standards in customer service, hospitality, and organization. This position is dedicated to ensuring that front-of-house day-to-day operations run smoothly and efficiently, while also focusing on building and leading a strong team of hospitality professionals.
• This position is particularly responsible for leading a supportive, empowering work environment. The Dining Hospitality Supervisor should be an effective decision maker and must embody a spirit of warmth of welcome, empathy, and humble service as they lead the hospitality team to consistently meet if not exceed the University’s standards for the Crow’s Nest.
• Strong communication and management skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain relationships with university students, donors, administrators, faculty and staff, strategic partners, vendors, and other professional colleagues.
• Innovative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to understand and articulate University of Mary and Strategic Partner policies and monitor compliance.
• Eagerness to accommodate high demands of client requests.
• Willingness to contribute to the professional tone of the University of Mary in dress and demeanor.
• Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4909173
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.