Major Gifts Officer
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking a Major Gifts Officer in the Office of Mission Advancement. The Major Gifts Officer secures funds for the organization by managing an assigned caseload of qualified donors, ensuring as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the organization and are upgraded in their giving and involvement.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Create individual goals and cultivation plans in a timely and methodical manner for each donor in the caseload based on capacity and affinity to the University.
- Qualify and maintain a caseload of 100-150 Major Gift donors
- Working with constituent groups within the University, the MGO will gather case information and create compelling “case for support” documents
- Coordinate cultivation and solicitation visits with donor/University staff as needed
- Serve as a resource to other Mission Advancement staff in the identification and cultivation of supporters
- Prepare and submit a monthly dashboard report to the Director of Mission Advancement
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, with a preference for a Master’s degree
- A minimum of 5 years of experience successfully cultivating and soliciting six and seven figure gifts for both restricted and unrestricted campaigns is required.
- Previous experience balancing annual needs with ambitious capital campaign goals and donor priorities.
- Ten years of experience successfully cultivating and soliciting six and seven figure gifts, a CFRE credential or other advanced credentials, and/or experience creating planned giving programs is preferred.
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Mission Advancement and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Understanding of direct marketing principles and relational donor bases
- Working knowledge of planned giving methods
- Thorough understanding of the Donor Bill of Rights
- Ability to travel both locally and nationally on a regular basis (up to 50% of work time or more as necessary)
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as expected
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Click here or go to umary.edu.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer