The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking a Photography Specialist. The Photography Specialist takes initiative planning and producing photo and potentially video projects for the purpose of recruitment, image, and community relations. Work includes creating high-quality photo and potentially video content consistent with the university’s brand and strategic goals using a combination of sophisticated techniques and professional experience and collaborating with the University of Mary leadership and other staff in a team environment.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Plan, schedule, shoot, edit and deliver high-quality photos and potential video that match the needs of the brand, campaign and channel under tight timelines
- Collaborate with the Creative Services team to produce assets that build brand identity for all mediums including print, web and social media; maintain video platforms, including YouTube and Vimeo pages
- Properly maintain equipment and studio in an orderly and organized fashion, as well as maintain photo and video catalogs
- Attend and shoot photo/video at various university events and functions outside regular office hours
- May assist with graphic design projects as needed
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Associate degree in photography, graphic design or related field is required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years related experience in commercial photography, graphic design, videography and editing
- Experience with photography and video production is preferred
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Public Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Expertise and mastery of photo and video production process, camera operation, different camera and lens types, microphones, proper filming techniques, lighting design, and post-production
- Working knowledge of Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, and Final Cut Pro
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task and follow projects through to completion
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please apply here at Umary.edu.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer