Administrative Assistant for the Division Dean of Liberal Studies
The position is primarily responsible for providing administrative support and assistance to the Division Dean of
Liberal Studies. It also includes providing ad hoc assistance to department chairs and directors within the division, as
relevant to the administrative processes centralized in the division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the division dean’s schedule and appointments. Organizes meetings.
- Coordinates all the administrative processes and procedures centralized in the division office. Examples include budget submissions, contracts, tenure and promotion processes and portfolios, schedule maintenance,
and enrollment management.
- Serves as budget liaison for all budgets under the supervision of the division dean.
- Coordinates with HR, IT, the Business Office, the VPAA’s Office, and the Registrar’s Office as needed for the
administrative processes centralized in the division.
- Maintains and organizes records pertaining to academics, expenses, credentials, contracts, and other matters,
often potentially sensitive or confidential.
- Provides administrative support for the development and maintenance of the Core Curriculum.
- Handles routine secretarial duties, including answering calls and emails, sending and receiving mail, and
managing office supplies for the division.
- Provides administrative support for the Associate Dean of the Division of Liberal Studies.
- Performs other assigned projects and duties, as needed.
The Assistant reports directly to the Division Dean.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an administrative assistant or secretarial experience.
- Experience at an institution of higher education preferred.
- High level of proficiency with the Microsoft 365 suite of applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to perform well under pressure, and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems and make decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Keen understanding of academic culture: its values and patterns.
- Ability to anticipate upcoming tasks within the academic cycle, and to remain organized and efficient through
its seasonal variations.
- Demonstrated customer-service orientation.
- An undergraduate degree is required. A master’s degree or equivalent level of graduate education is preferred.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.