University of St. Thomas
Career Services Center
Career Services Coordinator
Purpose of the job:
Career Coordinator is a critical position in the Career Services Center and will spearhead the activities and administration of the career center, beginning with being the first point of contact with students through the execution of career programming. This position will actively contribute towards furthering our Student Affairs Board of Trustee charges to strengthen UST’s (a) Catholic mission and faith integration efforts, and (b) student success efforts.
This position reports directly to the Director of Career Services Center
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Assist with overall planning and operational activities within the career center.
• Advise students on resume writing and interview skills.
• Coordinate projects, which includes career fairs, on-campus recruiting, and career programming.
• Utilize career related technologies and resources, and manage online career management systems.
• Plan, develop, implement and promote the career services center to students, alumni, faculty, and employers through wide-array of marketing efforts. Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Assist in developing marketing materials for employer engagement and career related topics that are relevant to majors and programming initiatives.
• Develop/manage career services communications, online and social media presence, and web page, and compile and distribute information weekly on full-time employment, internships, and part-time employment to all interested students and alumni.
• Represent Career Services Center at division and university events and promote services to internal and external stakeholders.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Career Services Center.
• This position may supervise student workers
Knowledge and skills required:
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is strongly preferred.
• Prior experience in career services or similar function in higher education preferred.
• Strong service orientation and ability to relate effectively with diverse individuals and groups at all levels of an organization.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where multitasking situations often occur.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and handle heavy workloads under pressure and within deadlines.
• Skilled in planning, organizing and facilitating large events.
• Demonstrated ability to be productive, deliver high quality work, take initiative, used good judgment to solve problems.
• Excellent ability to deliver high-level presentation skills for both in-person and virtual engagements.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively by using a wide variety of in-person and online tools and mediums.
• Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Canva and Google Apps
• This position may require occasional irregular office hours including after-hours and weekend work to attend student meetings and events. Office hours will be established in consultation with the Director of Career Services. Physical requirements are those of a typical office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by individuals in this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of individuals in this job classification. All job classifications may have miscellaneous job duties assigned on an as needed basis. Management, at the appropriate level, retains the right to assign and change the duties of any position at any time.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
About University of St. Thomas
Our founding was inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, a 2,000-year-old practice of uniting faith and reason to explore the world. As a Catholic university, we develop future leaders of all faiths looking to make a positive impact on the world. And, we are the only academic institution in Minnesota to be designated a “Changemaker Campus,” meaning social innovation, entrepreneurship and caring for the common good are built into everything we do. Our three campuses in St. Paul, downtown Minneapolis and Rome, Italy, offer unique learning and living opportunities.
Full time benefit eligible position including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, retirement 403b plan, and tuition remission