University of St. Thomas
Counseling and Wellness Services Coordinator
Office of Counseling and Wellness
The University of St. Thomas (www.stthom.edu), a private Catholic university, located in Houston, Texas, the nation’s fourth largest city, committed to the liberal arts and to the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, is seeking a full-time Counseling and Wellness Services Coordinator as a member of the Office of Counseling and Wellness Services.
Purpose of the Job:
This position serves as the principle support coordinator for the Office of Counseling and Wellness (CWS) in its primary mission of serving the students and community at the University of St. Thomas (UST) with regards to mental health and wellness. The CWS Coordinator assists the Director and counselors of the CWS office in their mission, as part of the Student Affairs division, to contribute actively to enhancing the Catholic mission and faith integration in line with UST’s Core Curriculum and Catholic identity.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Support and promote initiatives outside of the classroom that enhance students’ learning experience of the Core;
• Assists the CWS office in coordinating departmental initiatives to guide students in their search for truth and their growth in self-knowledge, intellectual skills, and wisdom;
• Through the Director of the CWS office, collaborates with other departments in providing students with an environment that helps with their formation and their discernment;
• Serve as the first point for contact for CWS;
• Maintain front desk phones, scheduling, departmental email, and mail, and greet visitors;
• Provide support for special projects as assigned by the Director of CWS;
• Perform essential technology functions for the department, especially with the Titanium records management system and PeopleSoft for development and maintenance of client records;
• Assist with maintenance of records and follow confidential procedures;
• Initiate research inquiries and develop topic materials for campus outreach programming;
• Acquire thorough knowledge of University structure, policies, and procedures;
• Organize and maintain CWS departmental website, social media accounts, and other promotional materials;
• Review and maintain budget, statistics, draft annual and other administrative reports, and make recommendations as required;
• Assist with the collection and computation of institutional effectiveness data;
• Maintain office supplies and readiness;
• Maintain budget details to include monthly budget tracking and submission of invoices, purchase requests, and expense claims to Accounts Payable;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required. An undergraduate degree is strongly preferred;
• Previous experience in a coordinator or administrative support role is strongly preferred. Prior experience in a higher education environment is also preferred;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client interactions and records; ability to make appropriate referrals;
• Capable of effectively managing student assistants to design and implement campus outreach activities;
• An intermediate level of proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional, PeopleSoft, Blackboard, and Titanium is preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills are required
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt communication to interface appropriately with others in distress and/or with individuals who may show limitations in their communication style
• Demonstrated ability to work with multi-culturally diverse populations and individuals with learning and/or behavioral differences
• The ability to efficiently organize and maintain filing systems is required
• Demonstrated willingness to support and advance the Catholic mission of UST is required
Position may require periodic irregular office hours including after-hours and weekend work to attend student meetings and events. Office hours will be established in consultation with the Director of Counseling Services and may include a virtual component. Physical requirements are those of a typical office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by individuals in this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of individuals in this job classification. All job classifications may have miscellaneous job duties assigned on an asneeded basis. Management, at the appropriate level, retains the right to assign and change the duties of any position at any time.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
About University of St. Thomas
Our founding was inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, a 2,000-year-old practice of uniting faith and reason to explore the world. As a Catholic university, we develop future leaders of all faiths looking to make a positive impact on the world. And, we are the only academic institution in Minnesota to be designated a “Changemaker Campus,” meaning social innovation, entrepreneurship and caring for the common good are built into everything we do. Our three campuses in St. Paul, downtown Minneapolis and Rome, Italy, offer unique learning and living opportunities.
Full time benefit eligible position including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, retirement 403b plan, and tuition remission