University of St. Thomas
Student Engagement Coordinator
The University of St. Thomas (UST), a private Catholic University committed to the liberal arts and the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, located in Houston, Texas, near the vibrant central business district, Texas Medical Center, and museum district, is seeking a full-time Student Engagement Coordinator. This position is within the Student Affairs Division and reports directly to the Director of Student Activities.
The Student Engagement Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and related assistance to the Director of Student Activities. This position plays a significant role in the leadership development and engagement of our student leaders and campus as a whole, with an emphasis on supporting and developing our new incoming students. The Coordinator will actively contribute towards furthering our Student Affairs Board of Trustee charges to strengthen UST’s (a) Catholic mission and faith integration efforts, and (b) student success efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support efforts to build a comprehensive and engaging first-year experience.
- Evaluate opportunities for enhancing and supporting service-learning efforts across campus.
- Provide advisory support to various Student Activities organizations (e.g. Campus Initiatives, Campus Community,
- Campus Activities Board, and/or Registered Student Organizations) and serve on other Student Activities committees, as needed.
- Assist with the planning, coordinating, and implementing of Tradition Events
- Assess programs and services in order to increase effectiveness, as well as create new initiatives to better meet student needs and to enhance student engagement.
- Responsible for staying current with university risk management policies and other procedures that affect student organizations.
- Develop and coordinate student leadership activities, including the Centralized Leadership Process and Leadership Banquet.
- Collaborate with the Dean of Students Office on special projects that promote student success and student leadership development.
- Support the Graduate Assistant in the recruitment, training, and scheduling of student assistants for the Crooker University Center.
- Participate actively in campus events in order to support the University community and provide a leadership presence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Skills & Experiences
- A minimum of one-year of experience working in a higher education setting preferably in student affairs, advising, admissions, student success, or other related functions.
- Intermediate proficiency level with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Proficient in the typical skills of an administrative support position such as scheduling, organizing meetings, filing, copying, typing, phone usage, message taking, recordkeeping, and greeting others.
- Position requires irregular office hours including after-hours and weekend work to attend student meetings and events as often as 2 3 times per week.
- Physical requirements are those of a typical office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by individuals in this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of individuals in this job classification. All job classifications may have miscellaneous job duties assigned on an as needed basis. Management, at the appropriate level, retains the right to assign and change the duties of any position at any time.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.