The Director of Admissions assumes primary responsibility for overseeing recruitment efforts. He or she will lead and manage supervision to the Admissions Office staff. The Director will work closely with the Vice President of Student Affairs on the development and implementation of recruitment initiatives, application processes, and marketing plans. The Director of Admissions should be innovative in attracting students who will thrive at WCC and graduate as strong representatives of the College.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Implement and coordinate the overall activities of the Admissions Office, including
processing and evaluating applications, determining applicants’ eligibility for enrollment,
participating in student and/or parent communication process, verifying completion of
applicant files and informing applicants of any deficiencies.
- Monitor applications, acceptances, deposits, and withdrawals throughout the admission
cycle and regularly supply statistical reports to the appropriate offices.
- Recruit a prospective students.
- Hire, train, lead and evaluate Admissions team.
- Engage faculty, staff, senior leadership, alumni, and students in the recruitment process via
appropriate and productive methods.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Student Affairs and marketing staff to develop
marketing and recruitment materials and initiatives.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and refinement of effective admissions and
recruitment processes including events planning, mail flow, application, acceptance,
financial aid, matriculation, registration, orientation, and payment of tuition and fees.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Admissions surveys with the Vice
President of Student Affairs.
- Lead the organization and execution of on-campus, off-campus, and online recruitment
events including the PEAK High School Summer Program and Founders’ Scholarship
- Represent Wyoming Catholic College at select off-site events such as college fairs,
conferences, and school visits.
- Collaborate with the Executive Vice President, the Vice President of Student Affairs, and the
Director of Financial Aid in the development of an annual financial aid strategy. This will
include financial aid award modeling and scholarship program coordination.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with homeschool groups, Catholic high schools,
parishes, and other organizations.
- Partner with the Financial Aid Office to help families understand financing their college
education and their financial packages.
- Champion the work of the Admissions team and inspire an environment of shared
institutional responsibility for enrollment across campus.
- Represent the Admissions Office in on-campus committees as assigned.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Intimate familiarity with WCC’s unique program of study and formation
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably from a Great Books or similar college
- Previous experience of 3+ years in admission, recruitment, and/or marketing
- Previous experience as supervisor of a team and projects.
- Excellent oral and written grammar and communication skills:
o Oral – telephone, one-on-one, large and small groups of parents, students
o Written – social media, emails, letters, promotional literature
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with database systems, Blackbaud preferred
- Exceptional ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Attentiveness to detail
- Sensitivity to working with and maintaining confidential information
- Self-direction and motivation
- Ability to handle stress due to competing travel and office duties
- A sense of humor and maintains a positive attitude
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Adeptness at use of social media platforms including, Facebook, Instagram, etc.; keeps up with changes and new platforms as they arise
- Valid Driver’s License
- Out-of-state travel between 25%-33%
- Extended periods of travel and work on weekends and nights
Submit cover letter, resume, and three references to Mr. Jon Tonkowich, Vice President of Student Affairs via email at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Wyoming Catholic College
Wyoming Catholic College is a four-year private college located in Lander, Wyoming. Wyoming Catholic College forms students through a rigorous immersion in the primary sources of the classical liberal arts tradition, the grandeur of the mountain wilderness, and the spiritual heritage of the Catholic Church. Grounded in real experience and thoughtful reflection, our graduates love truth, think clearly, communicate eloquently, and engage with the world as it is.