As a growing marketing department, we are looking to expand our project management team. This position will perform the administrative functions necessary to properly manage multiple projects at the same time. The administrative duties can be broken down into the following responsibilities: assisting with projects (using Scrum); and meeting with team members for a daily standup (a short meeting where team members provide updates and discuss possible blockers). The Marketing Project Management Specialist will be expected to attend these meetings and take any necessary notes throughout the meeting. If further meetings need to be scheduled as a result, or if additional information is needed from multiple stakeholders, the Marketing Project Management Specialist will be expected to set up meetings and get the necessary materials. Project management process will also include twice monthly strategy meetings, as we, the Marketing Department, plan the next two-week sprint, allocate resources, triage current tasks, and prioritize new tasks. The Marketing Project Management Specialist will be a “remover of blocks” so team members and independent contractors can perform their tasks with no delays or lack of creative assets. He/she will also be expected to capture a steady flow of new tasks that emerge, turn them into tickets (enter them into our project management software), and then date them and help nurture them to completion, on time. This position will interact with the executive VP of marketing, marketing director, stakeholders, staff (including digital marketing specialists, print and web designers, social media experts, content marketing experts, printers, advertisers), and outside contractors. Additionally, the Marketing Project Management Specialist will act as stakeholder liaison by providing regular project updates and capturing new priorities in order to keep close communication with our internal stakeholders (clients).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with projects (using Scrum)
- Meet with team members for a daily standup
- Set up, attend, and prepare materials for all necessary meetings with the team and stakeholders
- Allocate resources, triage current tasks, and prioritize new tasks using project management software, including timeline and milestone development, scheduling, budget/expense oversight, and file management
- Capture a steady flow of new tasks that emerge, turn them into tickets, and then date them and help nurture them to timely completion
- Be a “remover of blocks” so that department tasks are handled efficiently
- Act as stakeholder liaison by providing regular project updates and capturing new priorities in order to keep close communication with our internal stakeholders
- Assist with new business pitches, including content generation and proofreading, as needed
- Assist with the performance of the website, social media, job postings, etc. as needed
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in business, journalism, commercial art, marketing or related area
EXPERIENCE: At least 1-2 years of project management experience. Experience with scrum/agile methodology a plus. Experience working with digital and print marketing teams a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional time management and organization skills (love systems)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and under supervision.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to serve, and build relationships with the troupe
- Must possess strong initiative, leadership skills, organizational and project management skills, with the ability to multitask to manage a variety of projects and priorities, coordinating the actions of others, follow through on projects to timely completion, and demonstrate excellent judgment with attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office experience with Word, Outlook, Publisher, Excel, and Power Point software; tech savvy.
- Must support the University’s Catholic mission.
PHYSICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 – 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, type and perform data entry, visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information, ability to hear in order to answer telephones and to communicate verbally, and the ability to sit for extended periods of time.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed indoors with minimal safety hazards, and requires seated, standing, and movement work.
To apply, copy & paste the following URL into your web browser: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=70cb71c1-96f8-4956-8cce-ce625b0b2943&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=438892&source=CC2&lang=en_US