Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School anticipates an opening for a Reading Specialist for the 2024-2025 School Year.
The qualified candidate will have a passion for differently-abled learners and will demonstrate both knowledge and experience with best-practices surrounding authentic educational inclusion. Preference will be given to licensed candidates with a Masters Degree and three or more years of teaching experience. Licensure as a Reading Specialist is also preferred.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Working with individuals and small groups on skill-building in literacy
- Delivering targeted interventions for students with disabilities related to reading
- Differentiating curriculum for different learners
- Team-teaching where inclusion is appropriate
- Delivering grade-level ELA curriculum
Salary is competitive. Bonuses are available for those whose credentials qualify them. Relocation costs included also.
Those interested should complete an employment application at:
https://www.bishopgorman.net/page/employment and upload all requested documents.
About Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School
Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School is located in Tyler, TX. Our mission is to graduate young men and women of well-formed Catholic Christian character, virtue, holiness, and living faith who serve every segment of civil and ecclesial society with excellence. Our vision is to prepare and form future saints and missionaries.