TITLE: Director of Strategic Partnerships & Employer Relations
Classification (FLSA): Exempt, Salary*
REPORTS TO: VP for Enrollment & Student Success
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Director of Strategic Partnerships & Employer Relations is responsible for developing and maintaining effective relationships with employers to increase the marketability and recruitment of Christendom College students and recent graduates. The Director will work closely with the Director of Career & Professional Development and the Alumni Affairs Office to create networking and mentoring opportunities for alumni and students, will manage on- and off-campus recruitment and networking events, will manage the college’s job board, and will work with students to assist them discover and reach their career planning goals.
– Managing student employees
CHIEF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work closely with Director of Career & Professional Development, continuously assess, build relationships and develop and execute strategic partnership initiatives that reflect the interests of Christendom students.
2. Establish new employer contacts and strengthen current employer contacts through outreach activities such as cold calls, career fairs, mass communications, and individual employer visits – build the pipeline.
3. Implement processes related to employer and job approvals to maintain a robust offering of experiential learning opportunities – manage the college’s job board for students and alumni (https://jobs.christendom.edu/), create and maintain online listing of full- and part-time jobs and internship openings.
4. Administer procedures that support the maintenance of ongoing employer and contact lists to filter and prepare targeted communications, strengthen collaborations, and measure outcomes.
5. Develop and implement strategies designed to increase employment opportunities for students, including internship and/or externship programs.
6. Coordinate employer and vocational campus visits.
7. Provide basic career coaching to students (resumes and cover letter critiques; interview preparation; career discernment; personality strengths; job search; graduate school apps) on regular basis.
8. Create and deliver career-related presentations to students; teach EFL classes as needed.
9. Represent the college at professional meetings, trainings, and conferences as needed (such as, VACE, SHRM, Chamber of Commerce, BNI, Catholic Leadership, LEGATUS).
10. Supervise student employee(s) as needed.
11. Contribute to the overall success of career development by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
OTHER NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
2. 1-3 years of experience working in college career services department, or 3-5 years working in sales and marketing.
3. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects, and work independently without supervision.
4. Fire in the belly with an acute sense of urgency – the ability to overcome hurdles to meet goals.
5. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication competence.
6. Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a variety of constituents – C-Suite level employers, students, alumni, parents, faculty, and staff.
7. Excellent relationship-building skills, with a focus on customer service.
8. Ability to prioritize, perform, and follow through on initiatives.
9. Ability to work collaboratively with a team across diverse roles for a common purpose.
10. Understanding of today’s job market and how liberal arts prepares for success.
11. Desire to work for an educational apostolate, with a goal of restoring the culture.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL / EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time for the needs of the College, but a discussion between the employee and supervisor will take place prior to the change.
To apply for this position, please register on the link below and make sure to include your resume and cover letter (describing your interest in the position, explaining your required knowledge, skills, abilities, attributes, and competencies for this position, and expressing your interest in working specifically at Christendom College), as well as a listing of three professional references who can attest to your professional work ethic, character, and strengths on your application form. The position will remain open until filled, but Tuesday, July 5, is the preferred start date. This is a 12-month full-time position which offers a competitive salary and allows employees to participate in the 403B plan, health, life, dental insurance program, paid vacation, and more.
About Christendom College
Christendom College (http://www.christendom.edu) is a Catholic coeducational college institutionally committed to the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church. The particular mission of Christendom College, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels, is "to restore all things in Christ," by forming men and women to contribute to the Christian renovation of the temporal order. This mission gives Christendom College its name. www.christendom.edu