Holy Apostles College and Seminary invites applications for an Assistant Professor/Graduate Program Director to head the MA Philosophy program. Review of applications will begin January 30 and continue until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is June 2023.
The successful candidate will strongly support the mission of HACS and contribute to the overall excellence of the institution by maintaining and improving academic quality, managing faculty in the program in a collaborative manner, and fostering frequent and open communication among those in the program. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, guided by the Charism and Mission of the College and Seminary and the Society of the Missionaries of the Holy Apostles.
● Teach three graduate courses per semester
● Hold weekly office hours and attend faculty meetings
● Provide College service by serving on faculty committee and search committees
● Maintain an active research agenda
Graduate Program Director Duties
The Graduate Program Director is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the MA Philosophy program, both on campus and online, under the supervision of the Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA). The Graduate Program Director must have a strong commitment to graduate education and be willing to devote the necessary time and resources to ensure the smooth day-to-day functioning and overall academic excellence of the program.
Graduate Director Responsibilities:
● Advise all students in the program and serve as the primary point of contact that track students SAP.
● Review all applicants to the program and admissions recommendations; send acceptance letters.
● Oversee academic matters pertaining to the program including new courses/program reviews
● Coordinate assessment of student learning outcomes as well as academic program review with Associate Dean of Assessment and IR
● Develop the course schedule for the department and assign all adjunct faculty.
Applicants must possess a Ph.D. in philosophy from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, with a specialization in Thomistic Philosophy.
Online teaching experience graduate students
Proven research publications
Must be willing to learn or be familiar with our SLM system, Populi
To apply please submit:
● a cover letter,
● evidence of teaching effectiveness (including evaluations).
● a statement of your teaching philosophy and how it fits with the vision of Catholic higher education expressed in Ex corde Ecclesiae;
● a statement of understanding of the mission of Holy Apostles College and Seminary
● three letters of reference;
Open until filled: Salary range $62-$68K
All materials must be submitted electronically to Dr. Lesley DeNardis (Vice President of Academic Affairs, Philosophy Search Committee) firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Holy Apostles College and Seminary
Holy Apostles College and Seminary, a private, not-for-profit college located in Cromwell, CT, offers a faithfully Catholic, 100% online and on-campus liberal arts degree program for undergraduate students, as well as 100% online graduate degree programs in Philosophy, Theology, and Pastoral Studies and a Master of Divinity in the New Evangelization. With under 1,000 students, HACS is looking for a professional who can work in a small campus environment that offers affordable and authentically Catholic academic degree programs.