Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts is a residential Catholic liberal arts college that seeks to transform students in their entire persons. Located on a mountain in Warner, New Hampshire and offering inspiring learning, spiritual development, and a deep sense of community fellowship, Magdalen has been described as “the Rivendell of Newman Guide Colleges.”
Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts is seeking an energetic, organized, self-motivated, Catholic professional to serve as a full-time Admissions Associate. The primary responsibilities of this position will be to recruit prospective students, interview applicants, review applications, and participate in various recruitment-related special events and projects. Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the ideal candidate will be detail oriented, have strong interpersonal and writing skills, and will also support the College’s distinctive Catholic mission and identity and demonstrate respect for the Catholic Church’s teaching on doctrinal and moral matters.
- Coordinate on-site campus visits and interviews for prospective students and families
- Work directly with prospective students to guide them through the admissions process from inquiry to enrollment
- Recruit new students and maintaining a pipeline of other prospective students
- Create systems & procedures for following up with and marketing to prospective students
- Manage events related to recruiting and long-term development of prospective students
- Build relationships with school administrators, youth leaders, clergy, etc. to help foster long-term success in recruiting efforts
- Travel to conferences, high-schools, etc., to build the Magdalen brand and identify new prospective students
- Oversee student projection, drop rate, and retention
- Work closely with financial aid, marketing, and student life professionals
- A practicing Catholic who is committed to upholding and promoting the Christian faith, especially as it is taught by the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One – two years of responsible professional business experience preferred, especially experience in college admissions
- Excellent time management and organizational skills for project management, coordinating meetings, travel schedule, and specific arrangements
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sensitivity to confidential matters
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects that may have competing deadlines and priorities
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must promote the stated mission of Magdalen College in areas of professional and personal conduct, both on and off campus, and understand how the development and sustaining of a Christian community at the College is an essential component of this mission.
Application materials should be addressed to the Director of Admissions, Mrs. Michele McKenna, and submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 pm on Monday, May 2. Please include “Admissions Associate – CN” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts
Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts calls her students to a transformative liberal education of the whole person.
This education is ordered to human flourishing and communion, animated by the perennial questions, given shape by the classic books, and nourished by a vibrant liturgical and sacramental culture.
Joyfully Catholic in this ascent toward true freedom and a vision of the Good, Magdalen College calls all within her community to enter the great conversation of authors seeking wisdom that has unfolded across the ages, cultivating a life of virtue, poetic imagination, service, and life-giving fidelity.