Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts is a residential Catholic liberal arts college that seeks to transform students in their entire persons. Located on a mountain in Warner, New Hampshire and offering inspiring learning, spiritual development, and a deep sense of community fellowship, Magdalen has been described as “the Rivendell of Newman Guide Colleges.”
Magdalen College is seeking a Catholic professional to serve as a full-time or part-time Artistic Designer and Marketing Associate. This position is responsible for developing, managing, and executing marketing and communications strategies that support the mission of Magdalen College. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Admissions and generate written, visual, and audio products that advertise programs and events in all internal and external media, including print publications, social media, podcasts, newsletters, the website, and other digital communications.
This position could be elevated to a Director of Marketing position, depending on level of experience and expertise.
- Work with other departments to develop strategies that articulate the college’s vision and image across all media to ensure a consistent, positive brand and message of excellence;
- Plan, design, and execute production of all print and web-based publications and communications for the college;
- Support development and fundraising activities, recruiting, awareness, and alumni events, as well as college-wide administration and programming;
- Work with other staff and students to develop content and standards for the college’s social media channels;
- Oversee website administration; work with IT consultant, other staff members, and outside vendors to ensure website is current and an effective means of communication;
- Oversee the promotion of key campus events and programs;
- Enforce brand integrity by producing and updating brand guidelines;
- A practicing Catholic who is committed to upholding and promoting the Christian faith, especially as it is taught by the Magisterium of the Catholic Church;
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least two (2) years of experience in marketing, brand positioning, and digital marketing. Higher education marketing experience is highly desirable;
- Ability to create beautiful, inspiring, and effective marketing products;
- Understanding of effective creative, design, and branding principles, and the use of digital and social media as means of communication;
- Ability to write engagingly and persuasively with strong copywriting, editing, interpersonal, presentation skills;
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities while meeting deadlines and maintaining strong attention to detail;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, InDesign software, database management, and on-line marketing modalities (Search engine optimization, social media marketing via Facebook, Twitter, etc., other mobile applications).
- Must promote the stated mission of Magdalen College in areas of professional and personal conduct, both on and off campus, and understand how the development and sustaining of a Christian community at the College is an essential component of this mission.
Application materials should be addressed to the President, Dr. Ryan Messmore, and submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 pm on Wednesday, June 22. Please include “Artistic Designer and Marketing Associate” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts
Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts calls her students to a transformative liberal education of the whole person.
This education is ordered to human flourishing and communion, animated by the perennial questions, given shape by the classic books, and nourished by a vibrant liturgical and sacramental culture.
Joyfully Catholic in this ascent toward true freedom and a vision of the Good, Magdalen College calls all within her community to enter the great conversation of authors seeking wisdom that has unfolded across the ages, cultivating a life of virtue, poetic imagination, service, and life-giving fidelity.