WHO WE ARE
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country, holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West) and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated to and guided by our Mission and thrive on professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional employee benefits.
UD is currently seeking an Academic Advisor who will be responsible for all activities associated with advising graduate business students. This position will represent the college to current students and the external community, advise admitted students, and resolve enrollment issues. In addition, be
responsible for retention of current students, meeting enrollment goals as determined by University Administration and for providing a high quality of service and responsiveness to students.
• Advise students on programs toward achievement of student educational goals.
• Assist with all areas of student registration, including actual course registration, adds/drops and withdrawals each enrollment period.
• Establish and maintain effective and routine procedures to communicate with all current students in a timely and organized manner.
• Conduct face to face and virtual advising based on student needs.
• Maintain digital student files and ensure records organization, security, and accessibility.
• Conduct trimester review and audit of new and continuing student files to ensure accuracy
and compliance with degree plans and policies from student’s bulletin of record.
• Initiate process and confirm corrections when errors are identified.
• Attend annual conferences/professional development events as necessary.
• Assist with new student orientation, graduation, and other student events as needed.
• Other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the College of Business.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Three to five years of experience in higher education, preferably in a graduate advising role.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• MBA or other graduate degree.
• Knowledge and experience using student information systems such as Slate (CRM) and Banner.
• Experience working with international students is a plus.
• Ability to articulate key aspects of graduate business education, in particular the benefits of UD’s graduate business education.
• Strong customer service skills and the ability to effectively and credibly interact with prospective and current students, faculty, co-workers, and corporate partners
UD provides competitive pay and benefits, including eligibility to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance; employee events; a health and wellness program; a free fitness center; competitive leave programs; tuition benefits for employees and their families; and matching retirement plan contributions.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply online at: https://hr.udallas.edu/apply/
About University of Dallas
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country, holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West) and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated and guided by our Mission and thrive on professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional employee benefits.
The University of Dallas seeks to recruit, develop, and retain faculty, staff and administration of the highest caliber.
The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages applications from female and minority candidates and others who will enhance our community and advance our Mission.