UD is seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Office of Affairs to be responsible for providing administrative support to the Office of Student Affairs, including supporting the Director of Housing Operations.
· Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages; assist and direct students, vendors, and others who visit the office.
· Schedule student clerical assignments if applicable and document their time entries on BANNER.
· Prepare and submit CRVs for departmental expenses and contracted professional services.
· Perform data entry and prepare reports, letters, spreadsheets and other documents using word processing and database software, including assisting the Director of Housing Operations in creating and managing housing assignments.
· Manage staff calendars and appointment schedules; schedule and track meetings, conferences and travel.
· Operate office equipment, such as phone systems, copiers, fax machines and computers.
· Coordinate the maintenance and repair of office equipment.
· Work with Facilities department to submit work order requests to resolve office/building issues.
· Sort and route incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
· Prepare outgoing mail, including correspondence to new students and alumni
· Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of correspondence.
· File and retrieve documents, records, reports, and other materials.
· Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt.
· Monitor and reconcile budget to track expenditures.
· Assist in the maintenance of the department website in coordination with the Directors and Dean of Students.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals throughout the University.
• High degree of flexibility and strong computer skills.
• Ability to keep confidentiality.
• Some college experience.
• Office Administration experience.
• Knowledge of HIPAA/FERPA.
UD provides competitive pay and benefits, including eligibility to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance; employee events; a health and wellness program; a free fitness center; competitive leave programs; tuition benefits for employees and their families; and matching retirement plan contributions.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply online at: https://hr.udallas.edu/apply/
About University of Dallas
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in
academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country,
holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West)
and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated and guided by our Mission and thrive on
professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional
The University of Dallas seeks to recruit, develop, and retain faculty, staff and administration of the highest caliber.
The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages applications from female and minority candidates and
others who will enhance our community and advance our Mission.