WHO WE ARE
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country, holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West) and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated to and guided by our Mission and thrive on professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional employee benefits.
UD is currently seeking a Director of Annual Giving to support UD Advancement’s efforts to raise annual revenue including the Cor Fund by defining the strategy for a highly-effective annual giving program soliciting gifts from alumni, parents, friends, faculty, and staff. This position will be responsible for developing plans to increase donor acquisition, retention and upgrades, and provide day-to-day management and oversight for developing strategies that result in the achievement of dollar and alumni participation goals.
- Manage appeals and events that support annual giving to UD. Events include Cor Challenge, North Texas Giving Day, Giving Tuesday, peer-to-peer alumni campaign, segmented appeals, and new annual scholarship gala.
- Responsible for managing and evaluating the university’s new annual fund volunteer program to increase alumni giving throughout the year and during reunion years. Priority placed on increasing Constantin alumni participation rate.
- Work closely with the alumni and donor relations team to support UD’s alumni and annual donor engagement.
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications team, external vendors, and institutional partners to ensure that Annual Giving donor appeals are delivered in a timely manner and appropriately follow University and Advancement brand and message requirements for the successful execution of the department’s plan and achievement of its goals.
- Work with University Advancement Services to identify issues to ensure data integrity, monitor and evaluate the growth, cost-effectiveness, and return on investment of all annual giving programs.
- Stay abreast of annual giving trends and one-to-many strategies, including social media, peer-to-peer, and other digital fundraising tactics and work with marketing and communications teams to implement.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Successful experience working in a university setting managing and measuring the success of a fundraising campaign required.
- 5-7 years of fundraising or related experience that includes working with donors and volunteers is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Google suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Experience with databases.
- University or nonprofit work experience preferred.
- Experience with the Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT, Salesforce, or comparable Advancement CRM preferred.
- Occasional evening or weekend work in support of University Advancement events.
- Strong interpersonal skills working with donors.
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Persuasive communication skills, well-organized and detailed and goal-orientated, with a high-level of initiative.
- Ability to handle confidential data with appropriate sensitivity.
- A strong sense of fundraising ethics and practices, and respect for confidentiality of donor information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About University of Dallas
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in
academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country,
holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West)
and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated and guided by our Mission and thrive on
professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional
The University of Dallas seeks to recruit, develop, and retain faculty, staff and administration of the highest caliber.
The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages applications from female and minority candidates and
others who will enhance our community and advance our Mission.