UD is currently seeking an Admission Counselor who will recruit qualified freshman and special population students for admission and enrollment to the University of Dallas. This position will travel to off-campus recruitment events, evaluate application files for admission decisions, meet with students in person, conduct on-campus admission presentations to groups of students/parents, and contact students and parents via phone, email and mail.
* Nurture, build, and sustain ongoing professional relationships with prospective students and those who influence them to achieve assigned enrollment management objectives.
* Become familiar with freshman student cultures and any distinctive aspects of the culture, including but not limited to sources of students, preferences of students, and sources of competition. Learn and use what works best in this culture for achievement of enrollment management objectives.
* Research the potential for travel and recruiting programs, develop a plan for off-campus activities to achieve enrollment management objectives most effectively, present this plan for the Director’s approval, and then execute the approved plan within the approved budget.
* Cultivate alumni, parents, college counselors, and other constituencies to assist with the recruitment process.
* Regularly monitor the inquiry, prospect, application, and deposit numbers to focus on attaining assigned objectives.
* Strategically determine the best next source and means of institutional contact for prospects.
* Continually re-qualify the inquiry pool, so that those inquiries most likely to enroll are the ones being contacted on a regular basis.
* Monitor the receipt of applications and determine the best next steps in the recruitment process for each applicant.
* Ensure that all inbound and outbound communication with prospects and applicants is accurately recorded in an extremely timely manner within the appropriate software using office protocol.
* Supervise, train, mentor, and evaluate the work of one or more part-time marketing interns providing paraprofessional support towards achievement of enrollment objectives.
* Evaluate applications for admission making each admit/deny decision using discretionary professional judgment about the applicant’s academic preparation, academic work ethic, and fit for the academic programs at the University of Dallas.
* Document activity and decisions about applications for admission in accordance with established standards.
* Communicate with prospective students about financial aid, financial resources, and how to pay for college.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
• Demonstrated work ethic and ability to work without direct supervision.
• Excellent public speaking skills and ability to develop and deliver presentations to large groups.
• Ability to articulate key aspects and benefits of a Catholic liberal arts education.
• Spanish fluency is preferred.
• Must have a valid Texas driver’s license with a favorable driving record.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed for success.
UD provides competitive pay and benefits, including eligibility to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance; employee events; a health and wellness program; a free fitness center; competitive leave programs; tuition benefits for employees and their families; and matching retirement plan contributions.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply online at: https://hr.udallas.edu/apply/
About University of Dallas
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in
academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country,
holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West)
and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated and guided by our Mission and thrive on
professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional
The University of Dallas seeks to recruit, develop, and retain faculty, staff and administration of the highest caliber.
The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages applications from female and minority candidates and
others who will enhance our community and advance our Mission.