UD is currently seeking an Assistant Athletic Trainer by providing comprehensive fitness, nutrition, and conditioning programs for student-athletes. In addition, this position will instruct students on best practices regarding overall health and well-being, and treat chronic minor injuries and related disabilities.
· Work with the Head Athletic Trainer to provide CPR, AED and First Aid training and certification to coaching staff and, when appropriate, other members of the UD community.
· Provide a comprehensive sports medicine health care service for student athletes in the areas of preventative medicine, injury assessment, treatment of injuries and post rehabilitation.
· Assist Head Athletic Trainer with the management of facility inventory and supplies.
· Assist Head Athletic Trainer with Emergency Action Plan.
· Provide coverage of practices and athletic competition for UD sports teams.
· Administer first aid to athletes; apply protective or injury-preventive devices such as strapping, bandaging, or braces.
· Provide first aid and emergency care for athletic-related injuries and determine appropriate medical referral as warranted.
· Coordinate with the University physician and arrange appointments with specialists, as necessary.
· Maintain accurate records of all injuries and treatments.
· Provide athletic training services at varsity home events for both teams and at home practice sessions.
· Communicate well with Athletic Director, Coaches, Head Athletic Trainer and Physicians.
· Ensure compliance with NCAA Sports Medicine Handbook.
· Be present at home contests and practices when assigned; at least 90 minutes prior to scheduled start.
· Assist in the administration of university insurance program for athletics.
· Travel with teams when necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Five years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Knowledge of a wide range of CPR and first-aid techniques.
• Knowledge of physical therapy theory and practice.
• Ability to design and implement effective fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs for college-level athletes.
• Must maintain current CPR certification, AED, and First Aid certification.
• Must maintain NATA membership/certification in good standing.
• Must be certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
• Must be eligible for Texas State Licensure.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply online at: https://hr.udallas.edu/apply/
About University of Dallas
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in
academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country,
holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West)
and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated and guided by our Mission and thrive on
professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional
The University of Dallas seeks to recruit, develop, and retain faculty, staff and administration of the highest caliber.
The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages applications from female and minority candidates and
others who will enhance our community and advance our Mission.