WHO WE ARE
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country, holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West) and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated to and guided by our Mission and thrive on professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional employee benefits.
UD is currently seeking a Director of Development to assist in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting alumni, parents, and friends of the institution capable of making gifts of $50,000 or more, focusing on prospects capable of making gifts of $100,000 or more to increase philanthropic cash flow and position the University well for a future comprehensive campaign.
- Under the guidance of the AVP for Development, implement and execute strategies to increase the number of major donors and gifts to the University.
- Identify a viable pool of donors capable of making gifts of $50,000 and above to the University in coordination with department leadership.
- Develop and maintain assigned ongoing relationships with prospects and donors who have the capacity to make philanthropic gifts of $50,000 and up.
- Under the supervision of the AVP for Development, execute strategies for solicitation of major gifts, including determining ongoing relationships with prospect/donor; recommending specific purpose and gift level, and subsequent solicitation.
- Contribute significantly to team goal of qualifying between 750-1,000 UD major gift prospects during the fiscal year.
- Manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors and research and work to continually identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward current and new constituents for operating, endowment, campaign, and planned gifts in close coordination with the AVP of Development.
- Work in partnership with other areas of the Advancement Office, as assigned, to increase development revenue for the University.
- Work closely with the AVP for Development and VP for Advancement to implement and execute robust planned and endowed fundraising strategies.
- Help identify and manage prospects in key regional markets with strong UD alumni and parent representation.
- Apply key principles and implement best practices of higher education advancement to UD fundraising planning and programs.
- Stay abreast of philanthropic, economic, social, and educational trends related to fundraising.
- Represent the Advancement Office at university events.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective operations of the Office of Advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Seven years of work experience in a related role with a demonstrated track record of successfully closing major gifts; development experience in higher education or non-profit sector required.
- Experience with planned and estate giving is strongly desired.
- Proficiency with PC computers and standard applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or related fundraising CRM is desirable.
- The position requires the ability to work irregular work hours, including nights and/or weekends.
- This position will require travel overnight in addition to weekend work. Must be willing to travel and manage projects while off-campus.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About University of Dallas
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in
academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country,
holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West)
and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated and guided by our Mission and thrive on
professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional
The University of Dallas seeks to recruit, develop, and retain faculty, staff and administration of the highest caliber.
The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages applications from female and minority candidates and
others who will enhance our community and advance our Mission.