UD is currently seeking a Financial Assistant/Cashier to support the day-to-day operations of the accounts receivable area. This includes processing and monitoring incoming payments, secure revenue by posting receipts and taking proactive steps to collect receivables. This individual will be required to demonstrate a high-level of attention to detail when performing all tasks.
- Reconcile daily balances on cash drawer accounts receivable to ensure that payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify accuracy of accounts receivable data, identify and resolve discrepancies. Maintain accurate electronic spreadsheets for accounts receivable data.
- Monitor past due accounts and contact students to inquire about payment status. Facilitate swift payment of past due accounts by issuing account statements and making soft collection calls according to university policies and procedures.
- Track and report account receivable activity and status on a week-by-week basis to support benchmarking tools.
- Assist with registration to clear and aid students matriculating in the university.
- Receive visitors and phone calls, providing general information to customers and referring non-routine inquires to the appropriate staff member.
- Reconcile cash drawers and prepare summary sheet for all cash drawer sessions each day.Hand out Accounts Payable checks.
- Post payments for third party collection software.
- Post charges and payments for student accounts and miscellaneous transactions.
- Scan daily cash reports and refund packets into the database.
- Process NSFs and returned checks to student A/R or journal entry to charge department.
- Oversee assigned projects as needed.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of college with a concentration in accounting preferred.
- Two years of experience in an accounts receivable or soft collections role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of cash handling experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team in a customer service-oriented environment.
- Effective communication, both oral and written.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite as well as email and internet interfaces.
- Highly developed organizational and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize time, multitask and problem solve issues in a timely manner.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting.
- Experience in accounts receivables and soft collections.
- Knowledgeable in Banner and Transact preferred.
- This position requires the ability to work irregular hours, including frequent evenings and weekends during peak times, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About University of Dallas
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country, holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West) and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated and guided by our Mission and thrive on professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional employee benefits.
The University of Dallas seeks to recruit, develop, and retain faculty, staff and administration of the highest caliber.
The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages applications from female and minority candidates and others who will enhance our community and advance our Mission.