WHO WE ARE
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country, holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West) and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated and guided by our Mission and thrive on professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional employee benefits.
UD is currently seeking a Residence Coordinator for Special Initiatives to supervise and mentor a staff of 6-8 Resident Assistants. The RC will also provide leadership and direction to special Student Affairs initiatives, including first-generation student support, Title IX, alcohol and drug education, and first-year student programming. This a 12-month, live on-campus position.
* Hire, train, mentor, and supervise Resident Assistants on one side of campus on an on-going basis through one-on-one interactions.
* Participate in on-call rotation and enforce community standards through adjudication of minor conduct matters.
Special Initiatives: Strategic Coordination
* Provide leadership and direction to special initiatives, including developing first-generation student support, Title IX, alcohol and drug education, and first-year student programming.
* Establishes strategic and measurable learning goals for areas of governance, intentionally creates environments/programs to facilitate student learning and assesses at regular intervals.
* Perform administrative duties for the Office of Student Affairs including opening and closing residence halls, records maintenance, document creation, website management, and marketing for events.
* Builds positive rapport with students, staff, and faculty by maintaining availability, visibility, and a genuine, caring attitude.
* Bachelor’s degree.
* Previous higher education student affairs experience.
* Master’s degree in Higher Education or Counseling.
* An understanding of the residence halls as a learning environment as well as the impact of student engagement.
* Must have a valid Texas driver’s license with a favorable driving record.
* Ability to work late evenings and weekends.
UD provides competitive pay and benefits, including eligibility to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance; employee events; a health and wellness program; a free fitness center; competitive leave programs; free tuition for employees and their families; and matching retirement plan contributions.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply online at: https://hr.udallas.edu/apply/
The University of Dallas seeks to recruit, develop, and retain faculty, staff and administration of the highest caliber.
The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages applications from female and minority candidates and others who will enhance our community and advance our Mission.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About University of Dallas
WHO WE ARE
The University of Dallas is a Catholic university that seeks to educate the whole person, encouraging its students to pursue wisdom, truth and virtue as the proper and primary ends of education (http://www.udallas.edu/about/mission.php). All administrators are expected to understand and support the mission.