Assistant Coach Men’s Baseball
University of Mary
Assistant Coach Men’s Baseball
The University of Mary is an NCAA Division II institution and participates in the very competitive Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) for all of its varsity sports. Under direct supervision, this part-time position is responsible for assisting the Head Baseball Coach in creating and maintaining a successful baseball program for the institution.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
A key responsibility is the enthusiastic implementation of and personal investment in the University’s https://goumary.com/documents/2019/8/19/Athletic_Strategic_plan.pdf?id=1330 whole-person development model.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
Assist the Head Coach with the daily administrative duties of the program including team travel, recruiting; identifying and recruiting quality student-athletes; promoting the welfare and academic progress of student-athletes; participating in fundraising and public relations activities, and tracking equipment. Recruiting, including but not limited to identification, communication, setting up visits and follow-up meeting with potential student athletes. Maintain working knowledge of scouting, recruiting and video software. Assist Head Coach with scouting reports. Assist with organizing camps and clinics. Must adhere to all NSIC and the University of Mary guidelines; Attend community service events for both the Baseball program and General Athletic Department; Assist with other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Preferred: Master’s degree and two or more years of successful collegiate coaching.
• Required: Bachelor’s degree. Computer knowledge/abilities required; demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required. Candidates must demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary. They must be knowledgeable of NCAA rules, standards, practices and procedures. The successful candidate must be highly motivated to coach, possess strong interpersonal skills and provide positive leadership in all aspects of the University of Mary and its baseball program.
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Understanding the “Greatness Through Virtue” core strategies and being able to facilitate the growth of our Scholar-Athletes in the virtues of academic life
• FT or PT coaches will have the need to drive on behalf of the University. Must possess a good driving record and pass a background check
• Computer knowledge/abilities required
• Working knowledge of NCAA rules, standards, practices, and procedures
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills
• Willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission of the university
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3072158
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.