Nursing Simulation Coordinator
University of Mary
Nursing Simulation Coordinator
The Simulation Education Coordinator is responsible for developing, managing, and operating all aspects of the simulation curriculum and clinical simulation lab including the preparation, maintenance, inventory, and operation of all simulation equipment/supplies and collaborating with faculty to design, plan, implement and schedule simulation activities. The coordinator ensures adherence to program policies, course objectives, program outcomes and current simulation best practice and safety measures.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see https://www.umary.edu/about/mission-identity).
• Provide consultation and expertise for the design and resources necessary to create and sustain a high-quality simulation center.
• Coordinate and manage the daily operations of the clinical simulation lab including setup and dismantling of materials, equipment, and technology involved in simulation and skills lab
• Maintain the equipment, supplies, and environments within the skills and simulation lab and coordinate manufacturer maintenance requests and issues related to manikins, software, and equipment as needed
• Ensure adequate inventory of skills lab supplies and reorder as needed
• Coordinate a schedule of simulation experiences for students, faculty, and support staff
• Facilitate orientation and training for all users of the simulation laboratory including faculty- simulation design and evaluation as well as debriefing.
• Create an annual potential budget for simulation delivery with recommendations for future equipment and supply purchases.
• Collaborate with course faculty to determine the best mode of simulation to meet course objectives and program student learning outcomes
• Function as the expert simulationist, consistently assisting content specialists with the development, implementation, facilitation, and evaluation of simulation curriculum, projects, and scenarios with course-specific scenarios and evaluation tools
• Function as simulation technician when needed.
• Assist faculty in the development of preparation, simulation design and evaluation materials for students
• Develop, evaluate, and report quality metrics for effectiveness of the simulation program
• Maintain INACSL standards of best practice in simulation for the program.
• Lead efforts to achieve simulation center accreditation
• Bring developments, innovations and standards of simulation gained through ongoing review of relevant journals, participation in webinars and continuing education to Division of Nursing.
• Chair the Simulation Committee
• Cultivate relationships with organizations in the community who would benefit from exposure or experiences in simulation from the University of Mary
• Teaching responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
• Unencumbered ND RN license
• 3 years of clinical nursing experience
• Certified Healthcare Simulations Educator (CHSE)
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)
• Basic Life Support Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)
• 1-3 years of experience in simulation-based education and training preferred
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Saint Gianna School of Health Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are asked to provide; (1) Curriculum Vitae, (2) Cover Letter, (3) Teaching Portfolio, (4) Teaching Evaluations, (5) Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (6) Three letters of recommendation. Please upload the requested materials and click “submit application”. Confidential letters of recommendation, transcripts, and anything larger than 5MB can be sent to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3022750
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.