Director of Online Admissions
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for the Director of Online Admissions. This position is responsible for providing leadership to meet the university’s recruitment goals for all online programs and oversight of the admissions processes for all online students while providing energetic guidance in managing and developing the admissions staff to meet established recruitment goals.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Provide professional development to online recruitment staff, including one-one-one coaching sessions to expand sales and territory management skills. Hold regular meetings to monitor performance of recruitment staff to ensure that quantitative and qualitative objectives are met.
· Provide guidance to the online assistant directors and online recruitment team in the development and execution of recruitment activities and in the appropriate implementation of software and data systems.
· Works with the Executive Director in the implementation of the strategic plan and strategic initiatives for the recruitment of online and non-traditional students
· Works in a collaborative manner with enrollment management leadership including retention, military student services, international student services, workforce development, the academic schools, registrar’s office, and financial aid to reach student recruitment goals and to ensure seamless service for all students.
· Analyze and provide objective feedback about online admissions data, territory and program performance, recruitment projections, and other relevant recruitment data to members of the University of Mary leadership team.
· Coordinate with the Director of Undergraduate Admissions to ensure alignment of processes and practices between departments. Structure, document, and implement organizational processes and procedures to ensure efficiencies.
· Establish collaborative relationships with external constituencies, particularly strategic partnerships with the business community and with other educational institutions to meet the needs of the region and to grow enrollment at the university. Must represent the university in various professional and community organizations to better meet this objective.
· Normal working hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday with flexible hours for travel and events outside of the normal working day. Weekend and evening work may occur depending on certain required activities.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required
· Master’s degree strongly preferred in Marketing, Business, Communication, or Education
· A minimum of five years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
· Proficiency and demonstrated success working in both traditional and non-traditional student markets
· Ability to manage and train employees on and off campus to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Enrollment Management and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Individual must possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to work and lead a diverse team in a fast-paced environment of constant change. Strong sales background with demonstrated success is critical. Must possess a strong public service orientation to effectively interact and work with prospective and current students, staff, organizations, business and all partners and contacts of the University of Mary.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/qXNWp2RnPj/Director-Of-Online-Admissions to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer