Exercise Physiology Faculty
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND invites applications for a full-time professor teaching in the Master of Science Clinical Exercise Physiology (MSCEP) and Bachelor of Science Exercise Science (EXS) programs within the School of Health Sciences, beginning August 2021. Both MSCEP and EXS Programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and have a clinical emphasis. This is a new position in the growing Exercise Physiology Department and includes potential for growth into department leadership roles.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission, and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php ).
Education and Other Requirements:
· Exercise Physiology terminal degree (PhD or DSc)
· Content expertise related to teaching area
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Health Science and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
· Prior teaching experience in higher education
· Prior clinical experience in cardiorespiratory rehabilitation or with other chronic conditions
· ALS certification
· ACSM CEP certification
· Active involvement with professional activities at the local, state, regional, or national level
· Prior experience with research development
· Evidence of scholarly productivity (peer reviewed publications and/or presentations)
· Graduate of an accredited exercise physiology program
Knowledge and Skills:
· Ability to collaborate with others and work as a team
· Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, problem solving, and flexibility
· Ability to engage in student mentorship and guidance
· Competent computer skills in Word programs and remote media platforms (Zoom, Teams, etc.)
· Familiarity with ParvoMedics TrueOne 2400 Metabolic Measurement System with TrackMaster TMX428CP Treadmill, and GE Case EKG system
Primary teaching responsibilities will be determined based on background and specific content expertise, with preference for a strong preparation in exercise physiology, clinical exercise physiology, research methods, and cardiorespiratory rehabilitation. Other tasks include assisting with marketing, advising students, and supervising the Exercise Clinic. All faculty are expected to be active members of the University of Mary community.
Applicants must have a PhD or DSc in Exercise Physiology. Candidates with ABD will be considered, provided the dissertation is completed within one year of employment. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
The Exercise Physiology Department (programs in exercise science and clinical exercise physiology) is housed in the School of Health Sciences and both programs are fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). The School provides a stimulating academic environment with excellent collaborative relationships with other programs, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, athletic training, respiratory care, and speech language pathology. Faculty in the program have a diverse set of knowledge, skills, and content expertise. The program is strongly supported by the University administration with a commitment to move into newly renovated space in the near future.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and copies of recent teaching evaluations if available, and three references.
Please upload the requested materials and click “submit application”. Confidential letters of recommendation, transcripts, and anything larger than 5MB can be sent to email@example.com.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org