University of Mary
The Accountant I assists in the daily operations of the Business Office, preparing general journal entries, reconciling accounts, receipting, and special projects.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Properly records designated general journal entries, adjusting entries to meet closing deadlines. Other duties as assigned.
• Analyzes and reconciles general ledger account balances.
• Maintains credit card spreadsheets
• Assists with preparation of the annual audit and 990 tax return
• Acts as the CBORD (meal plan software) Administrator.
• Assists in the development of accounting and budget procedures, includes developing and maintains orderly and complete files, both physical and electronic, to ensure complete documentation of all financial transactions.
• Maintain nonstudent account receivables
• Back up to A/P Review and check disbursements
• Special Projects
• Performs other related duties as requested and assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or the willingness to complete a bachelor’s degree within two years of hire
• A minimum of 5 years of previous accounting experience
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Financial Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications, especially Word and Excel
• Ability to learn and be proficient with in-house software applications, such as Jenzabar and CBORD
• Attentiveness to detail and an ability to enter data accurately and in a timely manner
• Ability to work within a timeframe and meet deadlines
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and discretion in all matters related to the Office of Financial Affairs and associated areas of responsibility
• Ability to represent the Office of Financial Affairs with integrity and a high level of professionalism
• Ability to use a high degree of tact, discretion, and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive situations and individuals
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to set priorities and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility
• Ability to understand, interpret, explain, and apply rules and policies applicable to areas of responsibility
• Ability to organize and maintain a filing system and document management databases
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prepare clear, accurate, and concise correspondence, records, reports, and other documents
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4918025
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.