Accounts Payable Clerk
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for an Accounts Payable Clerk. This position reports to the Director of Financial Services and is primarily responsible for processing accounts payable and purchase order payments.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Verifies information on reimbursements and payment authorizations.
- Performs data entry
- Sorts mail, matches invoices to purchase orders, distributes invoices for approval, and processes purchase order and student account checks
- Files financial records
- Runs reports, prints, distributes, and mails checks
- Corresponds with vendors regarding discrepancies and follows up on outstanding invoices
- Accurately enters deposit receipts into Jenzabar and makes deposits
- Updates fixed asset data base
- Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- High School diploma is required with prior work experience related to the position responsibilities
- Associate’s degree in Accounting is preferred with two years related experience
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Financial Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of computer technology, particularly Word and Excel
- Attentiveness to detail and an ability to enter data accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to work within a timetable and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer