The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND currently has an opening for an Administrative Assistant in the Mission Advancement office. This position is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Director of Mission Advancement and the database manager and fulfilling other functions related to the Office of Mission Advancement.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Answering and directing phone calls, taking messages for staff, and responding to emails
- Entering data, maintaining the database, preparing reports and correspondence
- Making copies, maintaining records and files, managing incoming/outgoing mail, maintaining office equipment, and managing supplies inventory
- Responsible for scanning into Raiser’s Edge Media
- Process and send out donor thank you letters
- Process monthly donor reminders and overdue pledge reminders
- Perform prospect research for solicitors
- Prepare pledge write-off reports and donor proposals
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- An associate degree is required, with a preference for a bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years of related administrative experience
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Mission Advancement and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Ability to work as team member or independently
- Must be able to anticipate and plan for changes and disruptions
- Possess excellent customer service, critical thinking, and phone skills
- Proficient in technology, electronic data processing and database management
- Ability to effectively meet and communicate with the public
- Highly detailed with a critical degree of accuracy
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please apply here at Umary.edu.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer