The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Student Development office. This position will provide professional administrative support services for Residence Life, University Ministry, Student Life, Mission for Life, and Campus Safety and Security as well as providing support for a variety of special events and programs throughout the school year.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Maintain a professional, service-oriented office environment to welcome and assist students, prospective students, parents, faculty, staff, and guests.
· Performs a variety of administrative services in support of department staff including:
o Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
o Generate professional letters, memos, emails, and reports
o Prepare presentations and meeting materials
o Record meeting notes and minutes
o Enter data, maintain databases and confidential files both paper and electronic
· Comply with the Family Educational Records Privacy Act (FERPA) and strictly maintain confidentiality of departmental information and records according to legal and professional standards
· Ensure operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluation new equipment and techniques.
· Respond to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries and provide information regarding student housing, meal plans, identification cards, and other Student Development services and programs.
· Manages incoming and outgoing departmental mail, maintains office equipment and manages supplies inventory.
· Assists in planning and coordinating departmental and university-wide special events and activities
· Provides oversight for the operation of the university’s identification card system
· Assists the Student Development executive assistant as needed; serves as backup for the executive assistant during absences
· Other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· High School diploma required; Associate’s degree is preferred
· Two or more years of administrative support experience is required
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Student Development and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and oral communication
· Strong organizational skills including the ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products; ability to gain proficiency with university-specific software programs including but not limited to; Jenzabar, THD (The Housing Director) and Cboard.
· Ability to maintain a professional office environment and treat confidential information following professional standards and practices
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer