Administrative Assistant – Admissions
The University of Mary is seeking applications for an Administrative Assistant. The position assists the Undergraduate Admissions department in their administrative efforts to recruit students and to build a strong student population.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Assists in organizing student visits and acts as a liaison between departments. Arranges catering requests, caterers, room reservations for visiting families, and organizes staff from various departments. Responsible for ordering adequate supplies and materials for mailings, college fairs, and admission events.
- Arranges student tour guides to escort prospective students and their families around the campus and answers basic inquiries
- Assists in implementing major events such as SOAR (Student Orientation Advisement & Registration), scholarship events, and annual meetings with local educational institutions
- Accurately processes Daily Procedure in alignment with standard admissions protocol to generate time-sensitive letters to prospective students
- Provides superior customer service by greeting guests in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner. Ensures all phone calls are answered promptly and redirected accordingly. Receives, sorts, and forwards incoming mail and email. This may include web-based inquiries, visits, and electronic transcripts.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Required: Associate’s degree with two years of related experience
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree with one year experience in an admissions environment
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Enrollment Management and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Ability to quickly learn other department-related software and databases
- Ability to organize and effectively communicate with the public
- Able to meet the needs of our students, including a high degree of confidentiality, integrity and discretion.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
To apply; click here or go to umary.edu.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer