Administrative Assistant/Financial Aid
University of Mary
Administrative Assistant/Financial Aid
The Administrative Assistant performs a wide range of administrative/office support activities for the department and/or directors to facilitate the efficient operation of the financial aid office.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Answers, screens, and transfers inbound phone calls and requests for information
• Receives and directs visitors and answers general aid inquiries
• Assists students and parents with all questions by phone or in person
• Performs general clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, and mailing
• Maintains a filing system
• Schedules and coordinates department meetings
• Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming correspondence
• Maintains daily ISIRs and monitors and prints financial aid transcripts from NSLDS
• Updates communication letters annually and as needed in compliance with federal and institutional guidelines
• Maintains office supply inventories and financial aid communication pieces
• Works with students to complete both Federal Direct and Nursing loan master promissory notes (MPN) and loan entrance counseling. Ensures MPN and loan entrance counseling status documentation is accurate and communicates MPN completion to the appropriate party.
• Communicates federally funded student employment information to payroll, uploads student earnings from Jenzabar to PowerFAIDS, and completes federal work-study G5 drawdown requests.
• Assists with appropriate consumer information dissemination, mailing loan disbursement notification letters in compliance with federal guidelines, and processing exit packets as students withdraw and/or graduate
• Maintains FERPA compliance
• Supports the university in the administration of financial aid in compliance with federal regulations
• Maintains the integrity of the university through ethical interaction with students and through quality data processes
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• High School diploma required. Associate degree preferred
• Two years of financial aid or work-related experience is required
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Financial Aid and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Attentiveness to detail
• Ability to organize workflow in a self-directed manner
• Exceptional interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to present a professional image in all telephone and personal contacts
• Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access; EdConnect; Jenzabar; and PowerFaids
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3327454
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.