Administrative Assistant – Registrar’s Office
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for an administrative assistant for the Registrar’s office.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Provides superior customer service and promptly answers and directs phone calls and emails
- Accepts official transcript order payments from students and maintains associated documentation
- Maintains electronic student academic records in accordance with FERPA requirements and university policy
- Assists students with course registrations and add/drops
- Processes time-sensitive verifications for loan deferments, enrollments, and degree conferrals
- Coordinates the transcript ordering and distribution process
- Assists with filing of academic forms and student records in accordance with FERPA requirements and university policy; assists with the creation of paper student files upon new student entry, and enters and maintains student data into the SIS
- Coordinates enrollment reporting for students receiving financial aid from the ND University System
- Composes routine correspondence, schedules appointments, files, makes copies, keeps records, orders office supplies, and sorts the mail
- Assists with commencement activities
- Must maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of the work environment
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- High School diploma with two years of related work experience is required
- Associates degree in a related field or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Academic Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to multi-task
- Attentiveness to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to apply FERPA and operational aspects of policy and procedure in a higher education environment
- Ability to work effectively in university SIS platforms such as Jenzabar, Banner, Colleague, or PeopleSoft Campus
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please apply here at Umary.edu.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer