Assistant /Associate Communication Professor
University of Mary
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND invites applications for a full-time faculty position in a growing and dynamic Communication program to begin Spring or Fall 2023. Rank is open. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Advanced degree, preferably a PhD in Communication Studies, Journalism, Media Studies, or similar fields is required by time of employment.
• Duties include teaching Oral and Written Communication courses as well as upper division courses in within their expertise. A preference will be given to candidates whose expertise focus on Journalism, Strategic Communication, or Media Production. Ideal candidates will also be able to participate in the Catholic Studies Fellows Program and teach cross listed courses.
• Candidates are preferred who have teaching experience at the undergraduate level or industry experience. Candidates must have an active research agenda.
• All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see https://www.umary.edu/about/mission-identity).
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Arts and Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are asked to provide; (1) Curriculum Vitae, (2) Cover Letter, (3) Teaching Portfolio, (4) Teaching Evaluations, (5) Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (6) Three letters of recommendation. Please upload the requested materials and click “submit application”. Confidential letters of recommendation, transcripts, and anything larger than 5MB can be sent to mailto:email@example.com.
To view all our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3764889
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.