Assistant Director of Athletics – Compliance
University of Mary
Assistant Director of Athletics – Compliance
The Assistant Director of Athletics – Compliance provides guidance to the UMary community regarding NCAA, ACHA, and conference rules, regulations, and standards which mandate integrity and fair play in athletics. The University of Mary sponsors 18 NCAA varsity sports – eight men’s and ten women’s – and ACHA men’s hockey, claiming numerous individual and national championships. The University of Mary is an NCAA DII institution and member of the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC), as well as a member of the ACHA.
A key responsibility is the enthusiastic implementation of and personal investment in the University’s https://goumary.com/documents/2019/8/19/Athletic_Strategic_plan.pdf?id=1330 whole-person development model.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Oversee the education, monitoring, and enforcement of NCAA, ACHA, NSIC, and UMary rules and regulations
• Direct, monitor, and manage the certification of initial eligibility and continuing eligibility regarding practice, financial aid, and competition, working closely with the Faculty Athletic Representative (FAR), admissions, registrar, and financial aid staff
• Coordinate all facets of the National Letter of Intent program, and departmental grant-in-aid offers to prospective student-athletes, as well as monitoring all aspects of student-athlete financial aid
• Manage the coordination and implementation of an effective athletic compliance monitoring system. This includes playing and practice seasons, recruiting, amateurism, academic eligibility, etc.
• Approve prospective student-athlete official visits and monitor all official and unofficial prospective student-athlete visits.
• Monitor student-athlete academic performance and distribute grade reports each semester
• Develop and maintain all department files of current and potential student-athletes and submit all regular reports to accrediting agencies.
• Investigate and report all violations of NCAA and conference legislation to appropriate entities.
• Assist with athletic department game and event management
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management or related field is required
• Preferred: A minimum of 2 semesters or 1 calendar year experience working in NCAA Compliance through an internship, graduate assistant, or full-time employment at an NCAA Division I or II institution or the NCAA National office or other related experience.
• Advanced degree in Sports Management or related filed is preferred. Experience with Cai, LSDBi, and/or other NCAA systems or software (NCAA RSRO online) is preferred.
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Must demonstrate flexibility, efficiency, and the ability to meet deadlines for a wide variety of assignments
• Must have knowledge of, and a commitment to, NCAA compliance and follow all NCAA, conference, and UMary rules and regulations
• Must provide support and encouragement, and ensure the safety and well-being of the student-athletes
• Demonstrate the ability to be a productive member of the senior athletic administrative team
• Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with staff, coaches, student-athletes, faculty, and community members
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
• Must be detail oriented
• Excellent organizational and communication skills required
• Ability to work with a diverse group of students, coaches, faculty, and staff
• Able to work independently or with a team of colleagues
• Demonstrates leadership skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work with flexible schedules that include travel. Night and weekend hours are expected.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3764894
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.