Assistant Director of Events
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for the Assistant Director of Events position. This position is responsible for coordinating external events for the University of Mary and is responsible for soliciting, planning, organizing, and directing external events as the central point of contact for all revenue generating activities. In addition, this role will manage the clerical aspects that involve contracts and billing, serve as an event host, and may supervise Events staff in order to accomplish tasks. The ideal candidate should have a heart of service, an eye for details, a sense of responsibility, and strong organizational skills.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Builds relationships with external clients (new and existing) in an effort to solicit revenue-generating events on the University of Mary campus. Assists in the preparation of details to properly host external clients.
· Responsible for the scheduling, planning, and coordination of external events
· Arranges and facilitates meetings with key partners to coordinate hospitality activities. Monitors all assignments of university facilities for incoming events and assists in the implementation and execution of all event components.
· Utilizes event management databases used to reserve all spaces and resources necessary for events taking place at the University of Mary.
· Acts as a liaison for the client and/or building user to ensure successful execution of program and/or event.
· Assists in the supervision of Events staff
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Hospitality Management, or related field.
· Preferred: Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree, or Professional Certification in Project Management.
· Required: 3-5 years of work experience in an events-related position preferred.
· Preferred: Previous experience in the hospitality industry.
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Public Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Exceptionally strong communication, organizational, and management skills for use in handling a large number of details and multiple projects with firm schedules and deadlines.
· Ability to effectively train and advise others on procedures and practices.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain relationships with clients, donors, university faculty and staff, vendors, and other professional colleagues.
· High level of confidence in making sound business decisions.
· Innovative problem-solving skills.
· Ability to understand and articulate campus policies and monitor compliance when serving external clients.
· Ability to accommodate high demands of client requests and conference coordination requirements.
· Willingness to contribute to the professional tone of the University of Mary in dress and demeanor.
· Ability to compose correspondence without instruction or review.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications, particularly Excel and Word, and the ability to use multimedia technologies.
· Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer