Assistant Professor Computer Information Systems
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for an Assistant Professor in the Gary Tharaldson School of Business. Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and rank.
The successful candidate will display enthusiasm for teaching and learning and is able to teach a wide variety of courses. Experience teaching a variety of lower and upper division Computer Information System courses is preferred. Experience teaching courses relating to the liberal arts or teaching Computer Information Systems at a liberal arts college is preferred. A Ph.D. in the appropriate area is preferred. A Master’s degree is required, no specific sub discipline is sought. Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to help students of all levels learn and appreciate information systems and will be involved in program development.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php ).
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
- Master’s degree required
- Doctoral degree is preferred
- Industry certifications are preferred
- Responsible for providing instruction on a wide range of computer information system courses, including an introductory survey course, Business Application Courses, Networking, Cyber Security, Server Installation, Server Administration, Linux, Firewall Administration and /or other college-level computer information courses
- Business and Systems Analysis with development methods
- Keep records of grades, grade papers, and perform other administrative duties as needed
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Gary Tharaldson School of Business and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Click here to apply at Umary.edu. Upload your attachments and click submit.
Qualified applicants should submit (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) official or unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (4) three letters of recommendation.
Additional attachments or anything larger than 5MB may be sent to email@example.com or mailed to:
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
Equal Opportunity Employer