Assistant Professor in Management/Marketing
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for an Assistant Professor in the Gary Tharaldson School of Business beginning fall 2021. Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and rank.
The successful candidate will display enthusiasm for teaching and learning and is able to teach a wide variety of courses. Experience teaching a variety of lower and upper division Management and/or Marketing courses is preferred. Experience teaching courses in a liberal arts setting is preferred. A Ph.D. or DBA in the appropriate area is required. Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to help students of all levels learn and appreciate information systems and will be involved in program development.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php).
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
- A PhD or DBA degree is required
- Responsible for providing instruction on a wide range of management courses, including but not limited to principles, retailing, small business, human resource, sales, and/or international business is required. Additionally, qualifications should include the ability to teach marketing principles, marketing research and/or international marketing. Other management or marketing courses will also be acceptable.
- Virtuous leadership and/or Catholic Social Teaching expertise is preferred
- Keep records of grades, grade papers, and perform other administrative duties as needed – preparation, delivery and assessment of course materials
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures or provide project-based education
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Gary Tharaldson School of Business and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Click here to apply. Qualified candidates are asked to provide; (1) Curriculum Vitae, (2) Cover Letter, (3) Teaching Portfolio, (4) Teaching Evaluations, (5) Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (6) Three letters of reference.
Please upload the requested materials and click “submit application”.
Attachments larger than 5MB, letters of recommendation and transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer