Assistant Professor of Music
University of Mary
Assistant Professor of Music
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Music, Low Brass, to join its well-established and vibrant program.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see https://www.umary.edu/about/mission-identity).
• Teach Applied Music Low Brass to undergraduate trombone, euphonium and tuba students
• Prepare students for recitals as per their program requirements
• Direct the Pep Band at home football and basketball games as well as campus events
• Teach Applied Music and Applied Music Capstone in the MA in Music program
• Teach other courses such as Aural Skills, Music Theory, or Intro to Music as needed
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
• Earned doctorate preferred in an area of low brass performance and/or pedagogy, Master’s degree required
• Contribute to the ethos of the Music Department and the School of Arts and Sciences
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Arts and Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are asked to provide; (1) cover letter that address your interest in the position, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) a statement of teaching experience and philosophy, (4) links to three examples of recent solo performances, (5) a brief statement of research and/or performance interests, (6) official or unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (7) arrange to have at least three reference letters sent to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention Music 2023 in the subject line.
Please upload the requested materials and click “submit application”. Confidential letters of recommendation, transcripts, and anything larger than 5MB can be sent to mailto:email@example.com.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, all application materials should be received by December 1, 2022.
To view all our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3537326
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.